Thursday, November 16, 2006

It All Seems Different when You're Younger...



Last Saturday, Lindsey, Kayla, Jaime, Alice and I went to Disney World (for Free!! Kayla's uncle works there and was able to get us all in for free). This was very special for me because I had not been to Disney since the age of 10. My favorite rides back then were Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Haunted Mansion and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I remember vividly going on the Space Mountain ride at least 7 times. Now going back, I knew it would be a test seeing how these rides stack up to my more mature self. I was faced with some disappointments, from not having the euphoria I once felt as a kid riding these rides, but I was thoroughly entertained for the most part.
Some of the best rides I went on this last trip were The Great Movie Ride, The Tower Of Terror, The Haunted Mansion, Disney's Carousel of Progress, Star Tours. I seemed to enjoy watching the animatronics this time around, wondering how they made the robotic characters so life like.
Pirates of the Carribbean was a letdown mostly for the unnecessary recent inclusion of Johnny Depp's character and other movie likenesses that reminded you that this isn't what you remember from your childhood. The ending of the ride was lackluster and leaving you with a sense of "is that it?"

Star Tours was still awesome. Probably because I'm a star wars nerd at heart.
Overall it was a blast and Lindsey and I had a really great time. For free!

See more pics from the trip here