
There's many things we give up as we grow older, and many things we take on as well. More responsibility, less awkwardness around the opposite sex (for some), and all the changes that occur from the transition of moving from high school to college. One of the minor changes I have gone through is the transition of my blog. For years, I've gone through the motions of posting on my Xanga. Let me say that Xanga is really good for one thing. Its great for allowing teeny bopper girls and guys to complain and express their feelings about significant others, catty friends that they hate secretly and so forth. Xanga made local headlines a few years back when high school kids were getting harassed online through someone's xanga. I'm not saying that it is the norm for xanga users to do things like that, but it is more prevalent there than anywhere else. Therefore, I decided my words needed a new home and "Smells Like Art School" was born. I hope I can keep this going throughout my college experience and shed some light into the mysteries that is art school.
Here's two of my most recent figure drawings for class: