Saturday, May 12, 2007

The Search for the Golden Job (Part 1)


Wow. First Year at Ringling-Done. After a full week of final projects and tests, I'm done. Now I'm off to my next challenge. My Mom and I decided that would be more cost effective to stay in the Sarasota area and to look for a job here rather than come back to PA.

Over the past 3 days, Lindsey and I have been all over Bradenton and Sarasota looking for a job. We have been in talks with this group YEA!, that go to out in the community to teach art. We haven't heard back from the lady yet though. Here's a list of some of the other amazing places we filled out applications for:
-Best Buy
-Circuit City
-Hollywood Video
-Petsmart (Linds)
-Blockbuster
-local Movie Theater (Linds)
-Party City cashier

We have not heard back from any of these places yet, but I'm crossing my fingers for the Best Buy job, its the least suckiest of the bunch.
If you've never had the monumental task of applying for a mediocre job, imagine the SATs where you fill in all the personal info that doesn't count. Now repeat that 6 or 7 times. now write down your past job history 6 or 7 times. And finally, take a bunch of long surveys that asks you how you interact with people.

And still, you may not get even one call back.

Anyways, my Mom came in to visit while we were in Jacksonville meeting Lindsey's mom for her graduation. We had a ton of fun and my Mom finally got to see the new Student Center and help me pack up for the summer.