Friday, February 02, 2007

1 down, 7 to goo.... (semesters at Ringling)

I apologize outright for procrastinating this long to write another post, but seriously, I have good reason. Its just hard to keep this updated when I don't know if anyone reads it. That being said, I'll keep going.

To give a huge recap on recent events, here's whats been going down.
  • Went to To Philly with Lindsey to see her Art Institute buddies.

  • came back to Florida to start my second semester at Ringling School of Art and Design
  • Celebrated Lindsey's Birthday. Made her a cake, got her the Ghost World comic, a Tenacious D mag, a brontosaurus we Christened "Ringo Gertie the Dinosaur", a Threadless tee, and 2 tickets to see Of Montreal in April. I think she liked the gifts.
  • had a birthday party for her with the regular hooligans.











  • Bought myself a old record player from Goodwill to play the records Lindsey's been buying me. Still need to buy a needle (which costs like 30 bucks) :(
  • I started my first real Animation course at Ringling which has been so surreal and amazing. I actually work at one of the desks that was used by Disney Animators since the '60s! Check it Out!:

    Its crazy that I'm finally getting a taste of what I came to school for. Best thing is, I love it and I'm not that bad so far.
Here's my first two animations I've done so far. They're really short and don't look like much, but there's alot that go into it. Each second of animation takes roughly 24 drawings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RwRhxkkH7Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd_W4W3Ipwg

I'm currently working on a "flourbag animation" which apparently every animator experiments with at some point.
  • Saw both Children of Men and Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny in theatres. Children of Men knocked my socks off while the Tenacious D movie made me chuckle but left me underwhelmed.
  • Going to see both Less Than Jake with Lindsey and Deerhoof with Jay in the near future. So excited!!!
  • Started selling my old textbooks on Amazon. Made close to 2oo bucks. oh yeah.
  • Got my first actual job working at where else? the reception desk at the job center on campus.
  • celebrated 5 amazing months with Lindsey <3
Over the next couple weeks I'm working on securing an apartment space with 3 of my friends at the campus apartments for next school year. I also have to start working on my awesome v-day gift and day for Lindsey.

If you get a chance, buy the new Shins album. Its pretty awesome. Better than expected, and it comes with stickers.