The metal behind him is the rig that will suspend him for animating, so I don't have to balance his weight on his two feet. It will give me a lot more freedom when I move him frame to frame. The rig will be covered in blue fabric so it can be edited out later.
Critiques of Required Readings for my senior year in the Ringling Fine Arts Dept
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
New Stop Motion- Yarn Monster
So I'm really excited to almost be done with my stop-motion character. This will be my first foray into stop motion since high school and I'm ready to get behind the wheel again. My character, "yarn monster," is about 85% done right now. I just need to finish wrapping his stomach, legs, and head; then I'll be ready to animate. Here's a grainy pic of what I have so far.
The metal behind him is the rig that will suspend him for animating, so I don't have to balance his weight on his two feet. It will give me a lot more freedom when I move him frame to frame. The rig will be covered in blue fabric so it can be edited out later.
The metal behind him is the rig that will suspend him for animating, so I don't have to balance his weight on his two feet. It will give me a lot more freedom when I move him frame to frame. The rig will be covered in blue fabric so it can be edited out later.