Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Happy Christmas (War is Over...)


(...If you want it) -John Lennon

It has been quite a long time since my last post on here lots going on lots to mention. I would lie and say that its solely because I have been so busy (which I have), but in reality I lost interest for a while to keep this thing updated because I have no idea if anyone reads this or cares. So, its going to be a little haphazard with posts for a while. Lets see...I could go over my near-death experience involving a speeding truck...or I could go over the recent news that Southwest Air lost (and later recovered) my luggage, the first time I ever used baggage claim (note: never again). But I'll spare you.

Instead, I'll use this post in another way. There has been alot of good news recently.
First off, I passed all my classes at Ringling! (All B's and one C because I'm terrible at Art History) I'm really excited about the next semester too, all new teachers and classes and my Intermediate Figure Drawing class goes from 8:30 till 3 pm! I'm not sure how that works, but it will be interesting. I hope this next semester is just as amazing as the last.

In other news, I've really gotten into the "spirit of Christmas" you might call it. Before I left for Pennsylvania, Lindsey and I were listening to heavy doses of Christmas classics sung by modern artists. Anyone else's ears would be bleeding from the high level of x-mas music, but not us. I even made a great Christmas mix of songs called "Too Much Egg Nog" (more about it at the end). Lindsey and I even dressed up as a crazy old couple for some Christmas card magic. I do enjoy that sweater from Goodwill. We also made a high speed video of us putting up her fake tree in her apartment:


I was having the hardest time figuring out what to get my mom for Christmas until I found this item. Its an original shirt from the '60s featuring the Beatles' faces in lace. It cost an arm and a leg, but it was worth it. I got so many other cool gifts for my family and friends, that it gets me excited every time I think about it. I've come to the conclusion that Christmas may never be as magical as it was when I was little (for reasons I don't feel like discussing), but I'm going to make the most of it with the people I'm with.

I'll save my Christmas mix for another post. This one is long enough as is.